Pages

19 Sept 2014

Two Great News!

Two pieces of great news have come my way the last couple of days!

First, and foremost, I was accepted to the Students For Liberty's Liberty Fund Conference in Vienna, with the title Institutions of Liberty, an event taking place in late-October. I am honoured to form part of such a reputable event. The topic is displayed below:
"The 'Institutions of Liberty' conference seeks to address the relationship between freedom, markets, and culture in both a narrow and broad sense. While competitive markets lead to wealthier societies with superior opportunities for individuals to employ their talents and labor, questions remain for many regarding the proper cultural and moral underpinnings of markets."

This forms right in line with the Deirdre McCloskey serie starting with Bourgeois Virtue, where she argues that markets and capitalism not only makes us better off materially - but also spiritually. Since I'm currently reading her mesmerizing works, I'm obviously very keen on discussing these things with bright freedom-minded students.


The excitement and happiness over this opportunity had hardly faded when a second piece of amazing news came my way. I was accepted into the editorial staff of the Swedish Liberal Think Tank Frihetssmedjan to write articles on liberalism and freedom. I am still excited over this possibility, and probably aim to contribute a few pieces a week. My initial piece on Scottish Independence seemed to be have been well-received.

I am really looking forward to contributing to Frihetssmedjan and the liberal ideological discussions it poses.

Altogether, these two pieces of news are simply brilliant. We'll see how things move from here.

These are exciting times, indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment